Safety First! We have been having some very foggy mornings here in WNC. Don’t forget to bring your front and back safety lights for your bike for the ride in the morning.
Forgot yours? Pick one up at Sycamore Cycles at packet pickup.
Packet Pick-up & Registration
- Sunday, September 4th (the day before the ride) at Sycamore Cycles in Hendersonville, NC from 1-3pm. (743 Locust Street, Hendersonville, NC 28792)
- Monday, September 5th – Labor Day– You can also pick up your packet the morning of the ride from 6:15am-7:30am at the Blue Ridge Community College parking lot/Ride Hub.
Walk-up registration will be available at both packet pickup’s UNLESS the ride has sold out. Please note: Participants must register online HERE for the ride. We encourage cyclists to sign up in the comfort of their home on their computer, ipad, or phone prior to showing up for the race.
If you opted to have your ride number and shirt shipped to you, and you were registered for the ride prior to July 28th at 11:09am, you will receive a custom-designed, 2022 Tour d’Apple water bottle from Sycamore Cycles. Stop by the packet pickup tent on Sunday or Monday to claim yours! All water bottles have been claimed.
Important Contact Information
- Support And Gear (SAG) and Other Help
- True Emergency: Call 911
- ADD THIS NUMBER TO YOUR PHONE CONTACTS BEFORE THE RIDE: SAG #: 828-329-8863
SAG staff cannot do repairs, but they will take you to the closest rest stop or, if closer, to the College Hub.
Let’s start with the basics: Where do I park? Blue Ridge Community College has ample parking for our participants. There are additional parking lots near the main parking area. There will be porta-johns available in the parking lot. Note that there is construction happening this year at the BRCC. Here is a Campus Map with all the available Parking Locations.
Ok I’m ready to ride. Now what?
Cyclists can start anytime from 7am – 7:30am. You can start your ride anytime within the 30 minute start window. PLEASE DO NOT START THE RIDE BEFORE 7AM OR AFTER 7:30AM, WE WILL NOT HAVE RIDE SUPPORT ON THE ROUTE UNTIL 7AM AND IT CONFUSES AND ADDS CHAOS TO THE SAFETY, VOLUNTEERS, AND REST STOP VOLUNTEERS. THE SAFTEY OFFICIALS, VOLUNTEERS AND SIGN CREW ARE SCHEDULED DURING THE HOURS OF THE START TIME WINDOW. IF YOU START LATER THAN 7:30AM YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE SUPPORT ON THE RIDE WITH SAFETY, REST STOPS, SIGNAGE, ETC.
- For those riders participating in the 100 Mile Ride (Century), please start as close to 7am as possible. Courses closes at 4pm, no exceptions.
Course Maps & Cue Sheets
If you remember one thing on ride day and nothing else, remember this: Your route color! Once you are riding, the 4 different ride distances/routes will ONLY be marked by a particular color. You must follow your color to stay on your route!
Yes, the routes have the date 2021 on the top of them, and yes they are the same routes for 2022!
Red/Pink X wrong way
- We will have Henderson County VIPs out on the course in various intersections and locations.
Rest stops will not be open for the entirety of the ride, so please plan your ride around the following schedule:
- 1: 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM – Mountain Machine, 2011 Pilot Mtn Rd, Edneyville
- 2: 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM – Mountain Machine, 2011 Pilot Mtn Rd, Edneyville
- 3: 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM – Mud Creek Missionary Baptist Church, 104 Mine Gap Rd
- 4: 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM – Near 57 Pinnacle Falls Lane, Zirconia, NC
- 5: 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM – Fire Station, 3559 Hebron Road, Etowah
- Note: Rest Stops 1&2 are the same location.
Tour d’ Apple Courses close at 4:00 pm with no exceptions.
You finished the ride. Now what?
EAT! When participants finish, you can grab your mexican lunch and hang out and eat or take yours to go. Your post-ride lunch will be available from 11:00am to 3:30pm.
IMPORTANT: Your ride bib has your complimentary meal ticket on it… please bring this with you to claim your post-ride meal. Lunch for friends or family will cost $10.00; purchase tickets at the Volunteer Tent or online HERE.
RELAX TO SOME BLUEGRASS MUSIC! Meet Knob Creek Incident! (THE BAND HAS CANCELLED DUE TO THE IMPENDING RAIN FORECAST) The 2022 Tour d’Apple band… sit back and enjoy the music after your ride.
Grab a post-ride massage from Yoga and Massage (YAM) at their tent!
Hincapie Custom Jersey & Shorts
For those of you that ordered Hincapie Jerseys and Shorts already, they will be available to pick up at packet pick-up on Sunday or on Labor Day before or after the ride. There’s still time to purchase a Hincapie custom Jersey and/or Shorts! The online store is NOW back open through Sunday, September 11th at midnight. By placing your order please note you will receive the items at the beginning of November.
CLICK HERE to visit the Hincapie store to purchase a ride jersey and/or shorts.
Give Back, Bring a Can
Please bring a canned good to Packet Pick-up or Ride Day! All canned goods will be collected for the Interfaith Assistance Ministry.
Thank you for joining us this year!
We hope everyone has an amazing time at this year’s Tour d’Apple! We truly appreciate everyone’s cooperation and continued support. Thank you for joining this year’s ride and we hope to see you again next year!