Thank you for joining the 2021 Tour d’Apple presented by Hunter Subaru! We are so happy you’re joining us on Monday, September 6th, 2021 for this amazing annual ride!
We encourage you to read this Event Guide in its entirety. The goal is to provide a safe, fun, riding experience.
Packet Pick-up & Registration
- Sunday, September 5th (the day before the ride) at Sycamore Cycles in Hendersonville, NC from 2-4pm. (743 Locust Street, Hendersonville, NC 28792)
- Monday, September 6th – Labor Day– You can also pick up your packet the morning of the ride from 6:15am-8:30am at the Blue Ridge Community College parking lot/Ride Hub.
Walk-up registration will be available at both packet pickup’s UNLESS the ride has sold out. Please note: Participants must register online HERE for the ride. We encourage cyclists to sign up in the comfort of their home on their computer, ipad, or phone prior to showing up for the race. To eliminate contact there are no paper forms or ipads available to use to complete to sign-up at packet pickup or on ride day, if there are spots availble cyclists will need to use their personal cell phones to sign up.
We encourage participants to wear a mask or face covering when picking up your ride number and goodies at packet pick-up.
Important Contact Information
- Support And Gear (SAG) and Other Help
- True Emergency: Call 911
- ADD THIS NUMBER TO YOUR PHONE CONTACTS BEFORE THE RIDE: SAG #: 828-329-8863
SAG staff cannot do repairs, but they will take you to the closest rest stop or, if closer, to the College Hub.
Let’s start with the basics: Where do I park? Blue Ridge Community College has ample parking for our participants. There are additional parking lots near the main parking area. There will be porta-johns available in the parking lot. Note that there is construction happening this year at the BRCC. Here is a Campus Map with all the available Parking Locations.
Ok I’m ready to ride. Now what?
Cyclists can start in the wave time window that you signed up for when you registered online. The start waves are from 7am – 8:30am. PLEASE DO NOT START THE RIDE BEFORE 7AM, WE WILL NOT HAVE RIDE SUPPORT ON THE ROUTE UNTIL AFTER 7AM AND IT CONFUSES AND ADDS CHAOS TO THE SAFETY, VOLUNTEERS, AND REST STOP VOLUNTEERS. Please check your Race Roster Profile to see what your wave start time is if you don’t remember! To allow for social distancing, cyclists will need to start the ride as soon as they approach the start line during their wave start time; no congregating at the start will be allowed. However, cheering, clapping and awkward dancing IS allowed and is strongly encouraged.
- For those riders participating in the 100 Mile Ride (Century), please start as close to 7am as possible. Courses closes at 4pm, no exceptions.
Course Maps & Cue Sheets
If you remember one thing on ride day and nothing else, remember this: Your route color! Once you are riding, the 4 different ride distances/routes will ONLY be marked by a particular color. You must follow your color to stay on your route!
Yellow 100: Honeycrisp Unbelievable Century, Cue Sheet, RWGPS Map
Orange 65: Gala Metric Challenge, Cue Sheet, RWGPS Map
Blue 45: Jonagold Lite, Cue Sheet, RWGPS Map
Green 25: Green Apple Enthusiast, Cue Sheet, RWGPS Map
Red/Pink X wrong way
- We will have Henderson County VIPs out on the course in various intersections and locations.
Rest stops will not be open for the entirety of the ride, so please plan your ride around the following schedule:
|REST STOP #||OPENS||CLOSES|
|1 & 2||8:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|3||10:00 AM||12:30 PM|
|4||11:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|5||12:00 PM||3:00 PM|
Tour d’ Apple Courses close at 4:00 pm with no exceptions.
- Participants are encouraged to wear a face covering at all rest stops.
- Please do not linger at the rest stops. Grab your drink and/or nutrition item and head on out!
- Please remove your ride gloves at all rest stops.
- Please maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet between you and fellow riders
- This goes without saying (we hope), but please use hand sanitizer before and after using the portable toilets.
- We will provide increased hand sanitizer and hand washing stations, and will continually wipe down frequently used surfaces.
- All of our staff/volunteers are required to wear a face covering at the rest stop and gloves.
- Due to Covid-19, refreshments and snacks will be very limited. There will not be any peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or cut up fruit, however all four rest stops will have Gatorade and water for cyclists in individual cups, which cyclists can drink or pour into their water bottles. We will have snacks like packaged peanut-butter crackers, pretzels, etc.
You finished the ride. Now what?
EAT! When participants finish, you can grab your Chick-Fil-A lunch and hang out and eat or take yours to go. Your post-ride lunch will be available from 10am to 3:30pm.
RELAX TO SOME BLUEGRASS MUSIC! Meet Knob Creek Incident! The 2021 Tour d’Apple band… sit back and enjoy the music after your ride.
SWAG: Bring some Cash! Hats & T-Shirts: After your ride, you can buy a really cool 2021 Tour d’Apple hat for $20 or this year’s t-shirt for $10 at the Volunteer Tent. While supplies last.
Hincapie Custom Jersey & Shorts
For those of you that ordered Hincapie Jerseys and Shorts already, they will be available to pick up at packet pick-up on Sunday or on Labor Day before or after the ride. There’s still time to purchase a Hincapie custom Jersey and/or Shorts! The online store is NOW back open through Sunday, September 12th at midnight. By placing your order please note you will receive the items at the beginning of November.
CLICK HERE to visit the Hincapie store.
Give Back, Bring a Can
Please bring a canned good to Packet Pick-up or Ride Day! All canned goods will be collected for the Interfaith Assistance Ministry.
Thank you for joining us this year!
We hope everyone has an amazing time at this year’s Tour d’Apple! We truly appreciate everyone’s cooperation and continued support. Please keep in mind that courses close at 4pm (no exceptions). Thank you for joining this year’s ride and we hope to see you again next year!