Your in-person Tour takes off from Blue Ridge Community College in Flat Rock on Labor Day (September 4) and begins with a mass start at 8:00am. Earlier or later starts will not be permitted.
We expect to resume all four normal TDA routes (25, 45, 62, and 100 miles) in that NC-DOT has re-opened Kanuga Lake Road before Labor Day. As in the recent past, Oleta Road will NOT be on any Tour route. However, please re-check your route sheet before Labor Day for any last-minute changes which may occur.
Important for all cyclists:
100-mile cyclists must start at 8:00 AM in order to complete the Honeycrisp 100 – a very challenging route – by 4:00 PM. The 100-mile route (Yellow arrows) may again include the beautiful 270-degree mountain views on Orchard Circle at approximately Mile 87.
ALL ROUTES WILL BE UNASSISTED AFTER 4:00 PM.
Rest stops will open and close as follows:
Rest Stop – OPENS CLOSES Location
- 1: 8:45 AM – 11:00 AM – Mountain Machine, 2011 Pilot Mtn Rd, Edneyville
- 2: 8:45 AM – 11:00 AM – Mountain Machine, 2011 Pilot Mtn Rd, Edneyville
- 3: 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM – Mud Creek Missionary Baptist Church, 104 Mine Gap Rd
- 4: 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM – Near 57 Pinnacle Falls Lane, Zirconia, NC
- 5: 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM – Fire Station, 3559 Hebron Road, Etowah
- Note: Rest Stops 1&2 are the same location.
The Tour’s post-ride lunch for cyclists and volunteers begins at 11:00 AM and ends at 3:30PM. IMPORTANT: Your ride bib is your “meal ticket!” Lunch for friends or family will cost $10.00; purchase tickets at the Volunteer Tent. Email tourd’[email protected] to request a gluten-free or vegetarian option. Volunteers receive a complimentary lunch but pick up a lunch ticket at the Volunteer Tent.
Whether you’re a novice or a serious cyclist, there’s a ride that’s right for you. Please note that the Tour will be unassisted after 4 pm.